Friday, December 24, 2010

perspective

One of my childhood friends observed recently in an email that I seem to be constantly stressed but also that I always seem to make it through. Maybe, she wondered, it's because God is so amazing in my life, unlike in hers. This observation stopped me in my tracks because my friend is right. God has been amazing in my life but deep down inside, I have trouble believing that He will keep providing. Some day, the boom has to fall and I'll find out that God will just let go.

That is not true. God will be faithful.

As insightful as my friend YW was, she was wrong about one thing. God is also amazing in her life. We're both guilty of not seeing how He has worked and continues to work with both power and gentleness in both our lives.

I'm very much looking forward to attending Christmas eve service tonight and renewing my vows to the God who is not only all-powerful and all-knowing, but who is also all-loving.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Indeed God has been amazing in your life!

    ReplyDelete