Monday, January 14, 2013

baddy, wow

I was super stressed before the women's doubles match, but we ended up doing fine. I'm now super stressed about the mixed doubles match. The games themselves are fun but I am often paralyzed by the fear of failure. My teammates have been great though, so I'm learning a lot. I'm certainly physically exhausted from playing too much last week, but the mental stress is taking a much larger toll. I need to either figure out how to be more relaxed, or quit playing in competitions.

I'm learning that I need to enjoy the game, and that playing each shot well is pleasurable on its own. I may not have a wide repertoire of shots right now, but I have enough so I should do what I can. Once more, I have to be patient as I can only grow as fast as grace allows.

It also helps to have kind and experienced teammates who do all they can to help me settle down in my playing style.

Update: I talked to an old, old friend about this and she said, "You stress out about everything! You're just a stressor!" Haha, yeah, I've come to that realization myself. I do need to figure out how to relax and have fun in life and work. After all, all I have to do is what God calls me to do, right? And He won't expect me to do what I am unable to do. (But, Lord, help me keep my job, haha.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment