Sunday, June 09, 2013

impressions

One of my friends from baddy told me last night that I need to be stronger or people will walk all over me. (Yes, competitive baddy on a club level is extremely political and complicated, go figure.) I almost laughed in her face because people usually find me fierce.

I'd like to think that I am learning to be meek on court. It's harder to be meek in other areas of life, but this is a step in the right direction.

I joined a new home group last August, but took a break during the spring semester because my teaching schedule was overwhelming. The minute classes I ended, I was back with this home group, and I'm glad because I feel like I'm really connecting with them now. That is, I'm learning to be vulnerable with them. Horrors!

No comments:

Post a Comment