Wednesday, September 14, 2016

dept politics.....haha


This week has been so hard. For the first time since arriving, I seriously entertained thoughts of going back on the job market. But as I engage in the "careful, arduous pursuit of reconciliation and justice," I am finding more and more reason to hope. I do not do this as thoroughly as I would in an ideal world, but I am doing my best and discovering that God's ways, while difficult and slow and painful, are good.

Today, my boss sent out minutes of a student-faculty meeting (two representatives attend every year, and I've done it before but have been given a reprieve), and I am gratified that students took the time to note some of the exercises and assignments I use in my classes. No one was mentioned by name in the minutes, but I know for sure that I do some things that my other colleagues don't. My annual reviewer also submitted his review today, and he confirms that I'm on the right path, but made special mention of the high teaching scores. Teaching is so tough and it takes so much energy, work, and thought (especially because one always makes mistakes!) but it's nice to know that students appreciate it.

And finally, both my classes this semester seem like they are going to be very lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment