Tuesday, December 19, 2017

on friendship (again)

I was chatting with one of my closest friends and work buddies on messenger, and I said, "Don't worry for now, we'll chat after Christmas and let's reflect on the year then."

And she said, "Wait, are you saying that we should stop communicating until after Christmas?"

And I thought, "Girl, you're kidding right? You're like another part of my brain. I can't go that long without talking to you!"

That's a bit of a joke, but not really. I guess we've come to rely on one another quite a bit over the last few years especially as we're going through the same work challenges. But I realized that I do have a few friends who are this to me. I don't even have a word for them.

Part of what I need to learn is to rely on the Holy Spirit first. And I do know that M or Y can't always be there for me, and that I can't tell them everything.

But it's a real blessing to have friends you know will not bite your head off or judge you even when you're wrong. Because hey, we're all wrong sometimes and that's okay.

People who don't have friends like these.... I don't know how they get through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment