Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Almost gone

It's almost goodbye, now!

I haven't been here long enough to feel settled, but I've been here long enough to need closure.

I've enjoyed the mostly good weather we've had this summer. I like having a mostly private office thanks to an office mate who drops in very infrequently. I've enjoyed apfelsaftschorle and flammekuchen and spaetzle, but not much else of German food.

I'm not sure I'd want to come back to travel in Germany. Maybe Bavaria. Germany seems oppresively quiet to me. I'm not sure what it is. And it's so funny that everyone keeps asking me if I want to stay or come back. Maybe my stay was too short for me to feel deeply about the country.

If I had been based in Budapest this summer, I probably wouldn't have gotten anything done. A quiet German town? There's not much else to do but work. And rest after work.

God showed up. But the God we worship is not a ribbons and fluffy lace kind of God. His holiness is terrifying. So who knows what He'll do next?

Well, I'm praying for journey mercies as I close things out here and head out for a much wanted vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment