Thursday, December 20, 2007

no passport yet

Yesterday was a nightmare of a day. Hours and hours of waiting around at the consulate for them to process my passport renewal request, then the chip in the new passport wasn't working, and finally, the "server hang" on the M'sia side so they couldn't issue me a new one. Do NOT get me started on how frustrating it was. I finally got them to agree to pay for shipping, so they'll mail my new passport to me.

I had to go down myself because:

1) The passport pictures had to be with a "blue background," and EVERY photo place here only has a white background. The consulate had a photo service which consisted of the front desk guy, Remy, and his digital camera. I must say that Remy worked non-stop the entire time I was there and he even gave me a piece of pecan pie when I was the last person still waiting at the consulate. He was very sweet and hard-working.

2) If I mailed the passport in, it would've taken 3 months for them to process the renewal.

I got to see my old college friend Y_k_ who's working there, and ate good food in Chinatown! My friends and I also stopped by W__dbury Commons Outlet on our way down and Ts_ts_ got a very nice suit at CK. I didn't get anything.

On the way back up, T read the directions wrong and we ended up driving in NJ for 2 hours. We only got back in at 1am and I was so tired. Felt really sick today. Hopefully I'll be able to work tomorrow. Sigh. I need to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment