Monday, August 04, 2008

wrapping up

I've begun the process of securing an apartment. Friend C has viewed a number of apts for me and this last one sounds like it will make for a safe haven within my budget during my first year in LA. Once the landlord goes through the credit process, I can start packing and mailing my books, papers, and winter clothes to LA. I'm not looking forward to the process! I hate moving.

I also hate saying goodbye and I'm surprised by how I hate the thought of leaving now.

All this, and still more work to do. Couldn't really work much this weekend. I think my body is really starting to say no.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that moving is a pain!! My dream is not to have to move house again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha . . . maybe your dream will come true!! i doubt i can afford to dream that right now.

    i was talking to a prof of mine and she said a lot of people in my situation are moving and jumping from one school to the other, and that such moves are very common now.

    she said that if i have to keep moving (actually, she expects that because that's just how the market works) i better not have a pet. i replied, i can't even have a plant!!!

    then after i got home and thought about it, better not even have friends. :):) have to keep saying goodbye. cannot take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I didn't have pets for the longest time and honestly don't want the responsibility. I even resisted plants, but I finally succumbed to temptations! I have lots of plants and herbs and fish now. Makes me happy to see them.

    ReplyDelete