Friday, December 05, 2008

holiday

The week isn't over yet but I think I will be a little presumptuous and call this a very good week. I woke up this morning and I was so happy to be alive, and I felt nearly as good the past few days too. Amazing.

After work yesterday, I thought to myself "It's really nice to be done with the dissertation!" and I do believe that life after filing is much more enjoyable, except that for the past two months it didn't often feel that way. Nothing has really changed in my life: I still struggle to focus on my work, I'm still single, I still have the same number of friends here in LA, and I still mostly feel inadequate and shy in public situations.

But I feel like I'm on an emotional and spiritual "holiday." I hope it stays this way for awhile especially since I also woke up to the fact that I have a ton of work to do between now and June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment