Thursday, September 16, 2010

story from the classroom

I wanted to put this on FB but decided against it. Last night, I barely held back the giggles when one of my MA students introduced himself as "Frosty." I was taken back enough when another student introduced himself as "Swift," but when "Frosty" said his name, I was facing the entire class and I can't remember if I managed to keep a straight face but I'll pat myself on the back for not laughing out loud at that point. I giggled my way to sleep after class though.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in Canada years ago, many of the HK students I met have strange names. I asked some of them how they got the name and they told me they chose their own names.
    Then why the strange names? They kind of picked anything that seemed interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that's hilarious! Frosty.

    ReplyDelete