Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

I doubt I'll be posting again until I get back from CNY break, so happy Rabbit year! I spent most of today dreading today's three-hour class but once again, my kids saved me by talking a lot and saying very interesting things. I survived with just three single-space pages of lecture notes (usually I prepare six). I just have to get through tomorrow's two-hour monologue--oh how I dread having to give monologues--on a film I assigned but haven't watched myself. Yeah, super-smart of me. I did it out of desperation though! I tried to find films on the class topic (globalization!) that seems fun to undergrads. So here we are. After Friday, I'll have a bit of a break from teaching which will give me a chance to catch up on rest and research. I hope.

I'm really losing steam, help!!

3 comments:

  1. Seems though academia is exciting as well :-) And here's wishing you a wonderful CNY! It;'s so quiet here too I forgot that 2nd Feb is CNY eve and almost made pastoral appointments in the evening ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting?? yes, the same way bungee jumping is exciting, i guess. :):)

    you could die because of a mistake!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I hate doing monologues (the other kind), too, Z! Aren't they the pits?! Cat

    ReplyDelete