Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the blahs continue

Classes are going fairly smoothly, I think, and there are no major crises in my life. My family's healthy and their lives are going well. The weather is much warmer today and that is very nice. I haven't caught the cold that's been going around recently, and I haven't had insomnia. In fact, my problem now is sleeping and playing too much! Some friends and I went to a Japanese buffet on Monday night and it was affordable and fresh! One of my friends taught us to play Monopoly Deal and we had so much fun. I laughed like a hyena when I charged everyone 12 million rent per person. (I lost the game though.) Last weekend, I went hiking with people from church and made a new friend. This Sat, my church home group will have a board games and BBQ evening and I'll probably spend some time with them too. My wing chun lessons are moving along. Wing chun is tough! I've started using the wooden dummy and my forearms are now all bruised but I love the lessons. Life is going really well but something's missing, I don't know what.

And, I'd like to be more focused at work too! Sigh....I'm such a grumbler. Especially when so much of the world is struggling with serious problems: New Zealand, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Wisconsin (and other parts of the US), Malaysia (90% of Sarawak's rainforest has been decimated!), China's factory workers, and well, the "old" and continuing crises in various African countries....Oh Lord have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment