Monday, September 19, 2011

old habits

Hebrews 11:6

New International Version (NIV)
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Hebrews 11:6

New Living Translation (NLT)
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

I have a bad habit of bracing myself for the worst, so that if the worst does happen, I'll be ready emotionally. I'm not sure anymore that it actually helps me emotionally because it seems like I still have a hard time anyway, except that I have to go through the pain twice. So now, I'm going to trust that whatever happens will be good. It may not always be easy but our God is a redeemer God.

This is an especially difficult lesson to put into practice when you're feeling like you have no control over your life even when you have so much to be thankful for. Yes, I'm conflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment