Sunday, July 01, 2012

Leaving London, on to Paris!

Last night in London. It's been nice spending time with my aunt, cousin, and cousin's family. My cousin has three boys and they are all very active but also super sweet. My aunt spent a lot of time cooking and feeding me!! I feel a bit bad because all I do is eat....she won't even let me wash up!

It's also been good to catch up with a couple of old friends, one whom I bumped into at the library. She looked like she was going to fall on the ground when she saw me because she didn't think I'd be in town. I should've guessed that she was here though because her husband lives here! She works in the US and I just assumed that she'd be there. Anyway, we hadn't chatted in a long, long while so it was very good to get caught up. Best quote of the day: "I became an adult after graduate school." We traded gossip, and we both came to the conclusion that we can't trust anyone. I feel extremely strongly about this right now. There are very, very few people in my life whom I can really trust.

On the plane from HK to Moscow, I sat next to a very nice man named Sergei, who was unfortunately a little drunk most of the time. It was a bit difficult when he fell asleep with his mouth open because I was breathing in alcohol fumes. But he was very nice anyway. He liked to talk too, and fortunately for me, he stopped trying to get me to talk after about an hour or so. (It was a 10-hr flight, so you can imagine how thankful I was.)

Sergei used to work in a bank (and he now works for a vehicle production company), and he said that the women would always bring their dead potted plants to him, and they miraculously came back to life after he touched them. So he pinkie-swore with me and said, "Next year! You! Marry! Next year!" The emphasis, of course, was on the magic of the pinkie swear.

I think I need to start making up a nonexistent husband when I chat with strange men and old ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment