Friday, December 20, 2013

Looking Ahead

Over the last couple of days, I realized that I couldn't remember what 2013 was about. And as I looked through my blog posts, a lot of them have been about baddy! Of course, I don't always write about what matters to me, so this blog only records particular kinds of pictures. But it's still pretty telling. This year has been remarkable for what baddy has taught me, but it has also been remarkable for the spiritual lessons I've been learning through the Christian faculty seminars I've been to this year. They remind me to rest in God's vision for me as a human being, and that makes life a lot saner and happier.

Baddy and care group have taught me how little I know about relating to others--and yes, I will venture to say that HK culture is strange--and how I need to "rel-a-a-a-x-x-x....." (And why others won't learn to be more efficient and responsible, I'll never know!) Some of the girls in my care group have taken the time to explain why I need to relax. So, if an event is "social," i.e. not work-related, everyone's not going to be on top of things and may not schedule a date, time, location until the very last minute. Plus, they may not give you all the proper info such as the best way to get to the location, or how long the event will last because, well, it's for fun and everyone wants to just kick back and take it easy.

Sure, that works, except when you're someone like me who tries to pack too many things in her schedule and ends up inconveniencing other people I'm meeting after event X or Y because I got the wrong info, or because I have to miss events because I already agreed to something else for that evening. Or, more annoying, I have to reschedule with other parties so that I can do all I want to do. Plan, people, plan! Life is short!

Now, I'm learning to say to myself, it's okay to miss a few things or to be late to an appointment because I should "rel-a-a-a-x-x-x....." like almost everyone else.

Anyway, I'm learning. Slowly.

More on resolutions another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment