Friday, December 06, 2013

putting up guards

Colossians 4:5-6 (The Message)
Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don’t miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.


As wonderful as some of my non-Christian friends are, I need to learn to be more careful about what I share with them. Esther Hu was right all those years ago. At some point, we will disagree very strongly on how to approach problems and issues, and this can make for very contentious moments especially when a friend feels as if I disregard her advice and viewpoints. Uhm, sorry, but it's my life and I have to live with the consequences of my choices. I value other viewpoints but just because I decide on a solution that she does not agree with does not make me inflexible. 

Life and its curveballs. Happy advent.



No comments:

Post a Comment