Tuesday, January 14, 2014

spring season matches have commenced

This will be my second season of playing with the club, and so far, it is a lot less dramatic, and I hope it stays that way. I played with a couple of guys I didn't play with last year even though I know them of course, but playing with them in the same event (mixed doubles) showed me different sides of their personality. During practice, they're both really nice, soft spoken, and laid back. During a match, they are still really nice and soft spoken, but they are not in the least bit laid back! They want to win!!!!

If I had played with them last season, they would have made my match nerves worse, but now I know when to block them out--no, Aaron, "go go go" is the last thing I need to hear now--and when to listen to them--thank you for telling me that it's okay even if I hit shots into the net!--so I guess I've matured somewhat over the last year. I'm also learning different things when I play with different people, so that's pretty cool.

Life in 2014 is as busy as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment