Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God's too cute

I was feeling a little sad and unloveable last night, and I prayed about it during my devotions. Two seconds later, I was chatting with five friends on social media: Stella, a Kenyan friend from college; Yan, my childhood friend; Kitty, my closest friend from badminton here; Elaine, from my current home group; and Emmanuel, a Rwandan from CICF. Each in their own ways made me feel valued despite my weaknesses and failures, and shared little stories from their lives.

Yes, I'm sure none of them would have liked to know that I was chatting with four other people at the same time (type fast and ask more questions) but these weren't very long chats anyway. It was just what I needed, and God provided not one friend, not two friends, but five friends. God loves and gives abundantly!

(And, he has quite the sense of humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment