Tuesday, June 07, 2016

what am i doing?

Me: I'm free-writing the ___ now, and I'm TERRIFIED. If I'm making the claim I think I'm making.....I mean, it's a pretty big claim!

Colleague: I think that's how it works. You kinda need to make a pretty big claim to get pubs interested, and to have people read it.

Me: Maybe you're right.


But, I'm still terrified. What would I do without friends, really?


A few days ago, I met with my new mentor who gave me feedback on The Proposal for what seems like the 110th revision.

He started by saying, "Well, this is ambitious...." and when he saw the look on my face, he followed that up with, "No, no, this is good, pubs love ambitious projects. And, if you're not waking up in the middle of the night because of this, then something's wrong. So, you're doing exactly the right thing."

I haven't really struggled much with insomnia recently, but since that conversation, I haven't been able to sleep well. Ambition in men is alright, but ambition in women? Much less kosher. Still, I just want to be able to complete this project. And if I could get help with that, making it less ambitious if necessary, and as long as everything goes through, I might be a lot less terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment