Thursday, June 23, 2016

always learning

This week, and probably the next too, are very busy. Job talks and discussions with colleagues about our visitors, a major conference that mentor-SMS is organizing, our own conference next week, and deadlines that are going right by me.....too much.

Noticing that one of my senior colleagues tried to use me, and doing damage control but not knowing if damage control actually worked. I hope so, but with loose lips and crazy people, you never know. Seriously. Crazy people. Nothing you can do with crazy people, I tell you. And they're not only crazy, they're manipulative too.

This is not good for my soul.

But I'm also learning, with the support of C and Kaz, that faith means waiting on God to do immeasurably more than I can imagine.

It's a tough week, but I've had wonderful conversations with a lot of laughter. And I'm learning. I keep learning. That's good for my soul.

What a wonderful thought. I'm waiting to see what God will do, and how it will be "immeasurably more" than I can imagine.

Fear and anxiety are two demons in my life, but C and Kaz, they have the gift of faith. Before I knew I needed them, God brought these friends into my life.

Immeasurably more. What a thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment