Saturday, April 01, 2017

work politics

LP says there's one of those in every work place, and gave an apt description of The Toxic Colleague, "People like these take any comment or criticism very personally and feel easily threatened. So best to keep interaction to a minimum."

So true. I think it was very interesting that TTC asked EY to "talk" to me. I'm glad TTC didn't approach me personally.

But I also see that EY is the one with the extra work--emotional and actual--because of this situation.

I continue to learn a lot and I realized that while we need to make clear statements without fear during discussion, there is no way to convince people like TTC. So in the next meeting, my goal is to say what I need to say if I want to say something, ask questions that I need to ask if I have questions, and then do not engage in debate. I will vote the way I want to vote, and TTC never listens to anyone else anyway so why both with discussion?

My goal is to keep the meeting as short as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment