Wednesday, March 29, 2017

oh wait

The past few days have been tough because of what we had to do in our meetings, and it was a big trigger for me. I realized that I need to do a better job of putting some distance between me and my colleagues' emotions.

But I also realized that many people around me are supportive. They are sane, logical people who realize that problems need to be solved in a professional manner. (And gosh, in any case, I'm definitely not the problem in this situation.)

Mar was so great at talking me through what I call my night of irrationality. EY was a calm presence who tries to see things from everyone's perspective as generously and as fairly as she can. It was so helpful to hear her read of the situation. T kept the process moving forward. We haven't had a chance to chat, and I would like to but I don't know if it's appropriate. But EY mentioned that T is supportive and on an intellectual level, I know it too. N is still a mostly unknown entity but she seems sweet and very generous right now.

I have a lot to be very thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment