Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Jan 2, back in the office

I wasn't very happy about coming back to the office on JANUARY SECOND and thinking about all the work that I have to do. But I came back to this email in my inbox, time-stampped at midnight, Jan 2:

Dear Dr. ___,

Hope you are having a wonderful winter vacation and a festive new years celebration. This is S____, and I recently graduated from ____  majoring in psychology and comparative literature. I took two of your courses in my senior year - C____. I was in Hong Kong for a few days a month ago for the graduation ceremony, and ran into you near the mtr station. As I briefly mentioned then, I recently got admitted to a few graduate schools in Korea, and am currently waiting for the military service to commence in a few months. I wanted to express my gratitude for everything you taught me through your courses last year, and for guiding me to become a better writer and scholar. You were one of my favorite teachers from ___, and I sincerely enjoyed all of your lectures and class discussions. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart, and best wishes to everything you do in 2018. Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

______


No comments:

Post a Comment