Saturday, December 30, 2006

disrupted internet service

The earthquake in Taiwan a few days ago disrupted undersea cables, so internet service has been spotty. I can't seem to access my Cornell webmail account, but this blog and facebook works. Go figure. All my email addresses are in webmail though, and I kinda use it as an address/diary, so it'll be nice to have that back. Still, at least my house isn't in rubbles or flooded with brown, dirty water, so I'm thankful enough.

Being home is always difficult sometimes, but there are also fun parts. A lot of my friends are having babies (eepp!) so it's fun to be carrying them (until they cry and need to be changed or fed), and it's always nice to catch up with old friends and find out how they've been doing.

I know that my current life isn't here though . . . :) Missing my T-ride house pals, but not the drama. Need to get back to staring at the screen with my dissertation files opened . . .

But also enjoying the slow pace, the TV, the hanging out, and of course the food . . .


Anyways. :) Life can be complicated, but good.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya! My friends are quickly becoming little baby-making machines!! But I can barely take care of myself! How could I ever take care of a baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding . . . i'm the baby around here!

    ReplyDelete