Sunday, June 29, 2008

feeling very full . . .

Had dinner with some friends tonight and I am SO STUFFED. The deep fried salt and pepper squid was really yummy, as was the chicken with salted fish and eggplant. And after that, we had Purity ice-cream. My tummy still hurts now!!! I really shouldn't have eaten so much.

I had a meeting with Prof X on Fri morning and it was a very helpful meeting. Prof X hasn't been very involved in my work this past year and her lack of engagement has been difficult for me. I was really happy that she decided to be more present! I only have a week left so I don't know how much I can do but even if I don't address all the questions she has raised, I can still think about the questions when I have more time to revise the dissertation, i.e., when I get to UCLA.

Oh yeah, my friends are in consulting and they said I should check it out and think about changing fields. I'm not terribly fond of math but problem-solving sounds fun . . . . I have a lot of reservations about consulting but when I have time I should look it up a little, just in case I don't get a job in academia!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't heard to check out your options ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... boy, am I tired ... in my mind the word was "hurt" but I typed out heard ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) hahaha . . . that's what happens when fatigue sets in. so easy to make mistakes!

    ReplyDelete