Thursday, March 19, 2009

GAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

There are reasons why Friend J will never travel with me. And here's yet one more reason why. I have to go to London for a conference in early April and because I have my Paperwork all set, I thought I'd be fine. Well, I just realized that I'd forgotten that I need to have my passport updated when I get to London. I just called the embassy in the UK and not only did they charge me an exorbitant sum for the phone call, they can't give me an appointment until April 6. My departure date from London to LA is currently April 8 because I need to get back here to teach on April 10!! Apparently, they are so busy that I probably won't get my passport back until April 17 at the earliest!!!!

I just sent an email to the dept techie to see if he can help me set up a teleconference-ready classroom for the two three-hour classes that at this point, I will have to miss. I can't make up two weeks of class!! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to teach via webcam. I hate being away from my life for this long.

This is totally my fault because I forgot to make an appointment earlier, but when I checked with another embassy in the fall, they told me that because my Paperwork has all been approved, I probably won't have any trouble and that my processing procedure/time would be expedited. AAGGGHHHH!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Come to NY and renew your passport? It's such a coincidence that my other M'sian friend is in your situation too.....not sure where he's going abroad though.

    ReplyDelete