Thursday, April 16, 2009

back!


Got home at about 4pm yesterday. Very glad to be back but unfortunately, I was at my aunt's place outside of London long enough for me to feel comfortable there. When I got there, all I wanted to do was leave because without my regular routine, I couldn't seem to get anything done, and I was--and still am--sad that I had to miss out on a couple of events that were going on back in LA. All I did was eat, sleep, and sit around with family.

By the end of my stay, I was both excited about getting back and sad to be leaving. Getting to know my cousin's kids R_an, Br_nden and Chr_stian was such a precious gift. I also had a lot of fun meeting up with old friends and making new friends. More stories about that later. Regardless of where I am, I'm always missing people in other places. Yes, I have such a miserable life, I really do.

I don't quite understand it myself but leaving CA and leaving the country for a bit really helped give me some perspective. First, I realized that there are other wonderful ways of life other than the one I have been living for the past ten or eleven years. But then again, I also realized that I have had the most amazing life so far. Truly. Now, I'm starting to get a little excited about moving back to Asia at the beginning of 2010!!!

(Of course, I already know that I'll be sad about leaving especially because I am so happy here . . . . but I suppose growing up means learning to live with conflicting emotions.)

2 comments:

  1. welcome back.... to work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yeah, that's going very, very slowly . . . hard to concentrate!

    ReplyDelete