Friday, August 14, 2009

cookery

Now that I've moved to a one-bedroom apt, I can actually have friends over. When you live in a studio, having friends over is not an option unless you want them to sit on your bed or on the floor. I don't much like it when people sit on my bed.

The problem is, the people who are coming over for dinner on Saturday evening have food allergies and between the four of them, I will have to avoid: gluten (wheat, which is not only in bread and flour but also most soy sauces!); garlic; shellfish; carrots; cilantro; chilli (basically spicy food is out); and alcohol. I guess I'll be cooking with a lot of salt and ginger!

I don't have much of a repertoire and my default flavor is "garlic" so I'm a little stumped. Apparently people with ulcers can't have garlic either cooked or raw. This is going to be interesting.

ps - Artist, if you're reading this, we'll have another get-together when you get back into town. It would've been nice to have you along as well but I organized one for this weekend because a friend was going to be leaving town for awhile--and it turns out this friend won't be able to make it anyway even though I asked her last weekend if this would be a good weekend for her. Well, I don't want to let down the four other friends who have made room for me this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. 101 simple salad recipes? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Z! I've been back since Monday, but it's Sunday and I'm just now reading this. No worries! I know you and I will do our thing when time permits : ) Hope the dinner party went well! That's a tall order... what can you make without all those ingredients?! What'd you end up serving? Milkshakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) okay, we'll connect at some point. i'm starting to feel fatigued all over again!!!!

    ReplyDelete