Friday, September 11, 2009

huh?

I just worked from 9am-12pm but have nothing to show for it. Sigh. Academia requires its subjects to delay gratification on many counts. Well, I'm off to pick up my bus pass for the fall (a good 20 minute walk because the office is further away) and then on to my afternoon's allotment of work which will hopefully yield more visible and tangible results.

Skipping badminton this evening because I'm a little behind in my "leisure reading," i.e. the pre-reading I have to do before K and I get together to discuss a chapter from a book this Sunday afternoon. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the chapter itself on Saturday after I get back from my chiropractor's. I'm seeing a doctor who is about an hour away because he uses similar methods as my chiropractor in Ithaca.

Strangely enough, I am really happy this week and time has just gone by much faster than I would like. Multiple deadlines coming up in a few weeks!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Life is never boring, is it? ... if we take the time to reflect....

    I also worked hard yesterday but this morning when I look back I am not sure what I achieved :-) But I know it wasn't wasted as (to modify a biblical metaphor)some days are planting days, others are watering and some are growth days. But harvest takes time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, no, life is never boring. :) it is far from boring and this week, i'm glad of it!

    hey, i like this biblical metaphor!! hopefully it is true in my case. :) i know that i need to learn how to work more efficiently in general but then again, we are human, not machines. well, here's to hoping that both you and i will have a good harvest!!!

    ReplyDelete