Saturday, September 19, 2009

i knew it

When I came in to work today, I looked at my lunch box of leftovers and I thought, hmm, maybe I should put it in the fridge in the dept lounge. I don't always do that because it usually stays cool until lunch anyway. Sigh. The grad students are back for TA prep and someone's holding a TA meeting in the lounge so I can't get at my food!!

I think I'm starting to become less productive now for reasons unrelated to hunger but I still really would like to get at my lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's there when you finish your meeting! That's always dangerous when you leave it in the fridge at work... maybe you're dealing with more ethical people, though ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to have my own office. No danger of anyone pinching my stuff! Even if something "goes off" no one will be offended.

    Some slow spring cleaning and reorganizing over the last few weeks has resulted in my bringing over to my office a kettle, a bigger fan (in anticipation for hotter office days), and a sandwich maker (the kind you use to toast your bread by sealing in the sandwich contents)...

    It's all part of the plan to help me slow down my pace .... I tend to just gobble down my lunch (normally a sandwich) in a couple of minutes and that's it for lunch break!

    I think it will be nice to have a hot sandwich every now and then.

    ReplyDelete