Wednesday, March 30, 2011

another list

1. Can't wait for the semester to end! I'm tired of writing lectures.

2. Went to Foshan last weekend with my wing chun group, and was struck by Shenzhen's and Guangzhou's urban sprawls. Their cities go on forever!

3. The pollution in China is horrible. Eleven years ago, I spent a semester in China and some of the cities we traveled to then were already horrifying. This was my first trip to Shenzhen and Guangzhou and I can't imagine living with such grime. Winters in HK are bad too but we do get to see blue skies every now and then. I don't have evidence that S and G and perpetually covered in smog....but the thought that they are is a difficult thought to have. How can people live without blue skies? How can people live without beauty that some other folks take for granted? SoCal may be polluted as well but at the very least they live with the sun and sky.

4. Class difference. There are clear differences between what I have in my life, and what my wing chun buddies have in theirs.

5. What would it mean to lead a church home group?

No answers for now. Just lots to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment