Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Prophetic message from a friend

I've been reading Mark. Read through chapter 1 this morning, and was struck by repeated occurrences of the motif of identity. Christ calling James and John, Simon and Andrew away from their lives in which they might have defined themselves by profession (as fishermen) or by familial relationship (vis-a-vis the father). Christ rebuking the demon-possessed man who cried out, "What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth?" (my italics; it seems he's identifying with the unclean spirit) and commanding, "Come out of him!" (Christ distinguishes between the spirit and the man). Jesus being recognized and affirmed particularly by God the Father: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

I've been thinking about how following Christ necessitates a massive transformation of identity. Not sure how God is doing that in you in this season, but I trust that He is at work. Will continue to be in prayer for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment