Saturday, January 18, 2020

Wow


I was really struggling with this and I asked the Holy Spirit, how do I know I have really put something to death? We know that Isaac never really died. What if a part of me still hopes that my "Isaac" never really dies? Is that truly faith?

And the HS pointed out that while Isaac didn't die, Jesus really did die for me. But in the process, He broke the power of death. Because of what Jesus did, nothing truly ever dies anymore.

When we put things on the altar, they are no longer bound by death. By His power and resurrection, God gives them new life. These gifts may undergo transformation, but we can trust that that transformation is for good because look at Jesus.

Even in Isaac's case, he was never truly bound by death! God always took that death upon Himself (via Jesus). Abraham believed even when he didn't understand.... Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment