Wednesday, July 19, 2006

power and control


Nope, I'm not in an abusive relationship, but I came across this image and thought it would be a good reminder of what constitutes as "abuse."

I was actually going to blog about why I hate being sick and was searching for an image to go with the entry when I found the Power and Control Wheel. Click on the image to enlarge. Most women's centers and counselors should have a copy of this.

Blogging about a miserable cold now will just be too anticlimactic. Oh well, next time, I guess. Hopefully I will fall sick only 6 months from now . . . that doesn't sound likely given my current track record of one cold every 4-5 weeks, and with the onset of The Haze, that rate might actually increase.

But given all the different things that are going around the world, my life is a life of privilege. (I always remind myself of that, and sometimes it makes me feel better in a kind of perverse way . . . . Should thinking about others' miseries help us feel better about our joys???)

No comments:

Post a Comment