Wednesday, September 13, 2006

little steps

Just had a meeting with Prof No. 2 on my special committee (1 chair, 3 members), and am feeling really good about getting to work. Of course, I haven't actually done any work, but I did put out one of my ideas in our meeting, and Prof 2 thinks it might turn out to be a good way to get started.

Prof 2 also gave me a few tips on how to set daily writing routines, and even though Prof 2 made it clear that I can't actually choose not to do the writing, I'm okay with it and am glad that Prof 2 is invested in seeing me finish my project. And to think I began the semester intending to go it alone.

I'm actually excited about getting into the work again, isn't that surprising? I think it's also because Prof 2 helped me see it not as a huge monumental project, but as small bits of writing that does not have to be brilliant right away.

Well, it may not be brilliant at all, but I do have to finish this project. :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 AM

    one day at a time lah.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for getting back in the saddle!

    It will be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete