Saturday, September 16, 2006

travel dates

I just bought my plane ticket for winter break, and I leave NYC on Dec 4, and then depart from KL on Jan 11! I felt teary when I confirmed my KL-NYC departure date. But I'm thankful that I can even be home for that period of time.

Life here has continued to go well. I saw Prof 2 at a talk today, and we actually had a short, friendly, non-awkward conversation. My chair was a discussant at the talk so we didn't chat because I had to run off to meet a few of my over-anxious students who wanted me to look at their papers.

I will also be going to Mexico next April for the annual American Comparative Literature Association conference!!! Very excited about that!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, Mexico!! How fun! Does the school cover expenses?

    Smart of you to get your ticket NOW... good thinking... that reminds me... I should do that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the school only gives $600 toward conference travel, and i'm using that toward my trip to malaysia. so i'll be paying for the mexico trip out of pocket, but oh well, it's worth it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Where? Tijuana?

    ReplyDelete