Tuesday, March 06, 2007

feeling a bit better

Last night I was hit by a wave of homesickness, it was horrible. Took half the night off to IM with a couple of friends, and then watched an episode of an old Hong Kong TV series (Cold Blood Warm Heart) that I didn't get to watch in its entirety when it came out. This morning I had to quickly review 4 pages of Cantonese characters that I forgot were included in my Cantonese exam this morning. Didn't have too much time to memorize it because I also had to rush to my chiropractor's right before the exam.

Anyway, I know I got 4 characters wrong because there were all from the pages I forgot I had to memorize. Oh well. Whatever, I'm doing this for fun so I'm not going to stress out about it.

I'm feeling a little better now, and will be working on Draft 2 of that chapter I finished a couple of weeks back. The portion from the chapter that I sent in to the journal last week should be good to go, but there's a whole other 20 pages that need serious revising.

All in all, this is as good a start to the week as I can hope for!

The wind is blowing like CRAZY, and it's cold all over again. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be very cold days. Sigh. And I was hoping that winter would be over.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I have a feeling that after graduation you'll be going back home to stay! How sad for us here in America : (

    I'm so sorry you're homesick. I forget how hard it must be for you over here because you seem so acclimated. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 AM

    i have to be in Orlando from 1-3 May.

    Maybe I should consider swinging by. :-) I'd also better ask my wife first. :-)

    p.s. WY doesn't have US visa so she probably can't come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha . . . yes, you better ask WY first. get her to apply for a visa! she prob won't have *too* hard a time getting one.

    well, let me know if you can swing by for a visit! dun plan last minute, okay???!!!!

    ReplyDelete