Sunday, April 08, 2007

a little better

The past few days were awful, and I don't know why. I had neither energy, focus, nor interest in anything. I took yesterday completely off, and just stayed in bed watching TV . . . again. :) I do that a lot these days. But usually I only watch TV after I've gotten in a good day's work!

But the past few days, I was so despondent and lethargic I couldn't even bring myself to go to the gym, and I'm usually a pretty disciplined person. It's funny, the world literally seemed like a dark and joyless place.

Finally went to the gym this afternoon and my spirits have lifted some. Truly, I cannot do this by myself. If I get through this part of my life (and whatever else that comes next), I know I'm not living by my strength alone.

(Even now I feel gloom returning a little, but at least I had a brief respite.)

2 comments:

  1. That's funny (or sad, really) because I'm going through something similar,Z... I couldn't get myself out of bed to go to work on Wednesday or Thursday, so I stayed home and worked on my little *art projects* and surfing the web! And yesterday I spent the entire day watching t.v.... I think sometimes we have to do those things... recharging the ol' battery, ya know? Hope the sun brightens your gloomy days soon! Summer break is right around the corner : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 PM

    have u tried the good'ol, 'write-down-5-things-u-want-2-accomplish' gig?

    think i read somewhere that de act of *writing* has some impact on one's mind, motivations,e tc.

    ReplyDelete