Thursday, July 05, 2007

moving along, if slowly

Still struggling with difficulties sleeping, but that's not terribly unusual. Worrying, but not unusual.

HOWEVER, I am doing much better this week. Nothing like a crisis to bring friends out of the woodwork--maybe I need to go through crises more often! Haha, no thanks, just kidding. I really appreciate all the concern people have shown.

I don't think I have the energy right now to go into all the details but as one person said, I do know myself a lot better now and I won't let anyone tell me what I am or am not thinking. Nothing makes a person feel crazier than when someone else is telling you that you're thinking this or that's why you do that . . . and they're wrong about it. I want to be teachable and humble, but at some level, I think I do know what's going on in my head better than most other people.

Friend Jade pointed out that encountering surprising, left-field occurrences like this used to be a weekly affair in our lives. :) But now we're smarter and avoid people as much as possible, hahaha!! There are reasons why we "withdraw" from people and the most important being our sanity!

Turned in my draft on Tues morning but it was nowhere near what I was hoping it would look like; again, not surprising given my frame of mind. I'm still a little resentful that my work was affected. Trying to get refreshed now and will move on to other work I need to do before I can revise the draft that I just turned in.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, isn't that funny? I feel like when I post up good news on my blog, nobody comments, but as soon as I share my depression or any sort of bad news, everyone comes out of the woodwork... In a way, I feel like my friends are reinforcing negative mindsets ; ) but it's nice to know they're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step foward, one step back, one step foward, half step back,
    One step foward, one step back,
    one step foward, half step back ...
    finally, one step foward ...

    That's how life is for me sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. As difficult as things have been for the past week and a half, I'm still pretty thankful for my life. :)

    The rough part is I think I'm getting used to not walking around "happy" but I suppose this isn't too surprising for someone in grad school who's going to be on the job market.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete