Friday, September 28, 2007

back down low

Dissertation highs are like sugar highs--before you know it, you've fallen back down and you feel worse than you did before.

Blah.

I need to turn in whatever I've written of chap 2 tomorrow morning but I already have so many comments and suggestions for myself--and I've only read four of the pages I've written.

Sigh.

Oh yeah, weird story: I got a check in the mail for quite a large sum of money, but I don't know the guy who sent it and why he would send it!! There's a name and address on the back of the envelope so I googled the guy, got his email and contacted him asking why he sent me the check. I'm so forgetful these days, he could be paying me for something legitimate--but I have absolutely no recollection what I could have sold him. Really strange.

Friends J and B said I should totally cash the check first before the guy replies. :) After all, my name is on the check. I dunno though. This sounds absolutely fishy . . . except that this guy is a PhD student from the U of Hawaii . . . ?? The check came from Ohio University so it could be work-related . . . but I have nothing to do with Ohio University . . . This is such a mystery.

Feeling a little down in the dumps today. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Free money in the post. that is so interesting! lol

    Any upswing in mood yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually today i do feel better!

    1. my writing sample still needs a lot of work but it wasn't as bad as i thought it was at first.

    2. went to the cornell int'l CF tonight, and realized that there are a lot of sweet and wonderful guys there! i'm not romantically interested in them, but i love being around them. :) in other words, we can joke and tease each other. :):)

    (i don't mention the girls because we take for granted that they are sweet and wonderful!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, it's not free money!!! a couple of my friends went back to singapore and they asked me to pay their credit card bill when it came. they gave money to a singaporean friend of theirs who returned to the US, and *he* wrote me a check!

    so i'm just getting back my own money. i knew i had forgotten something!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad ... not free money :-)
    And so forgetful!!!

    ReplyDelete