Thursday, October 04, 2007

fatigue

Paraphrased the gist of part of an email exchange with a prof re a draft I'm working on:

Prof. B: It looks like you're on your way to a good writing sample. You should do . . . bla bla bla and bla . . . But what happens after pg. 22?

Me: Oh, I don't know. I'm still writing.

One of the smartest decisions I made early on in my graduate career was to put Prof B on my committee. She doesn't work on my area AT ALL but she has been the most responsive re my job market materials.

I've been so tired the past two days that I could only work in the afternoon and in the early evening. This morning especially the whole of my upper back felt bruised and battered and I was so stressed out about my upcoming deadline on Monday that I decided to go back to bed, sleep until Pilates then try to work after that. Pilates did in fact release all the tension in my upper back, and thankfully, I managed to churn out my quota for the day.

Truly, what I manage to do, I do not do by my strength alone.

3 comments:

  1. Me: Oh, I don't know. I'm still writing.

    Lol that is so true of life - mine included ... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. :):):) too true, too true . . . esp when you're trying to get a job--ppl want to know that you have a five-year plan in mind.

    makes life difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:33 AM

    hey, didn't know life was that that stressful and crappy nowadays-my love to you! please call if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete