Monday, June 15, 2009

still blah

Done with most of my grading now. Waiting for a few of my students to turn in their papers because they've been sick and I gave them extensions. It'll feel good to turn in grades next week.

Going camping for a few days starting tomorrow. A friend from church and I will be taking it easy in Malibu Cr__ State Park. I think I got the name right. I'm really looking forward to this because I need a break. No talk of work and all the other things that I still need to do.

Really struggling not to worry so much and this surprises me because I've been doing really well. Not sure why I feel this way now. It could be because we've had a couple of weeks of clouds and overcast sky. :) But I suppose I shouldn't complain about the cool weather because I don't have air-conditioning in my apt.

5 comments:

  1. hope the blahs have gone away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love the cooler weather because when it gets hot, the ants come in and my house really heats up.

    Have fun in Malibu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had a great time and i love how it's still cool now. :)

    still kinda blah because my landlord won't rent month-to-month even though i'll have been here for a year by the end of my lease. so now it looks like i will need to find a place for mid-aug to end of dec, i.e. a 5-month lease and that just sucks. of course, it will always be possible in LA (you just pay more and/or live further away) but i realize i just hate feeling so up in the air about my living situation. i like to have things worked out!!!!!!! and i don't want to move to some place new for only five months . . . . :(

    of course, things could be worse. i feel like a baby but i can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a jerk! I'm so surprised; he seemed so nice when I met him! That really surprises me... you'd think that given the economy he would do anything to keep any tenant in as long as possible. That's really crazy. Well, it's a bit of a drive for you, but my couch is always open!

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually, you've never met my landlord! you met jay, the building manager, who has been and still is a sweetheart.:) he was sorry for me too but as it has turned out, i just signed a 5-month lease on a SUPER place down on 4th st in santa monica!!!

    it is a little more rent than i've been paying but it will be convenient (fully furnished, all utilities, internet, and cable included) AND i'll be 4 blocks from the beach!!

    you must visit!!

    ReplyDelete