Monday, June 29, 2009

a very good day so far

Woke up late this morning and then rode my bike to the neighborhood farmers' market. It is a beautiful day with plenty of sun, blue skies, and cool breezes. Bought a couple of empanadas, white nectarines, apricots, pink lady apples (fuji apples are out of season now), and fresh figs. The apricots are sweet but I shouldn't have bought them since they're not really my favorite fruit! Rode back to my apt with my goodies in my backpack and decided to ride my bike to campus because my apt is a little too warm. There's not as much traffic on Sundays so my ride was more enjoyable than it normally would be.

I'll try to do some work this afternoon before going to the gym for a bit, then home, shower, and church in the evening! What a great day!

I spent most of yesterday being social--first, a much-too-short-trip to the Huntington Library and Gardens, then rushed back to catch an independent M'sian film back in Westwood village (the movie wasn't that great), dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant (with plenty of leftovers in my fridge), and then drinks at a different restaurant in W_st H_llywood with another set of friends, in "celebration" of two postdocs' departures.

I'm going to miss those two cuginas (Italian for "cousins"). How did I come to care for them in the short time that we were together?? It hasn't even been 10 months.

Well, I'm very glad to have most of the day to myself.

1 comment: