Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm not quite sure how to make sense of all the emotions I'm feeling right now. I'm thankful, sad, tired, amazed, anxious, confused....and there have been many hours this week when I've felt excited and happy too (just not right now). Being thankful is an act of obedience at this point, even if it is easy to recognize that I have much to be thankful for!

It's very strange, but the Malay word for "confused," i.e. keliru, seems to resonate more strongly than the English word even though I am predominantly an English speaker. I don't even know why I noticed that, maybe I'm trying to distract myself. Anyway.

Had a great time with SMS who was in town for a speaking engagement and at first I thought MS and I would only be spending an afternoon and evening with her but it turns out that we got to see her for three days of her six day stay. Saying good-bye is always tough.

2 comments:

  1. You are still Malaysian at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time with your friend : )

    Some languages just have more emotion and poetry in them, or some of the words in them carry more weight. I barely speak French, but sometimes the only way to really, effectively communicate what I want to say would be to say it in French.

    ReplyDelete