Friday, August 20, 2010

One week left of the summer!

School starts up again in September and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I'm relieved that I've finalized the syllabus and course reader for one class and I'm almost done with the other class. But I'm also bracing myself for the whirlwind that the first month of school usually is. This fall, I'm teaching two introductory-type classes, one for undergrads and the other for the MA program, and they require a lot of reading, especially on my part! Since I have to cover a few texts/authors that are not a part of my own research interests, I need to read a little more so that I can explain difficult concepts to others. I'm nervous.

I haven't done enough research this summer either so I'm sad to see the summer come to an end but hey, who knows what the fall will bring!

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for spring! already started weeding and some planting today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, for the first time i can remember, i'm glad to say a short good bye to warm weather....and arriving at my office soaked in sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm dreading going back to school (subbing), but desperate to go back (for the cash). Hope you have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete