Saturday, April 30, 2016

chats

Had chats with some of the girls from my old home group yesterday, and this morning. My close friends here keep saying that I've changed a lot. I don't see it so much.....maybe a little. But they say it's very marked.

But you know, if I have changed, it is not only God's work, but God working through his church. He brought people very different from me into my life, and they accepted who I was. That gave me freedom to think about taking small steps. Without them, I probably wouldn't have.

Now I know just how important his church is.

The people God is bringing around me during this season--at work, friendships, and the church--are modeling kindness and gentleness by treating me kindly, and gently. But they also urge me and remind me to be kind and gentle with myself and others. You can't yell someone into kindness and gentleness. You can't demand that they become kinder and gentler. And you can't expect someone to become that. It's God's work, after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment