Thursday, March 23, 2017

dept meeting on Friday

I think I need to keep this front and center when I go into the meeting room this Friday. If someone is not teachable, i.e. they don't listen or are not open to feedback, we set limits and consequences. Working in a group means having to be open to feedback; no one person can get his or her way all the time or any of the time. I suppose I am utilitarian when it comes to dept politics: the greatest possible good for the greatest possible number. 

Personal projects and personal gain? Yeah, I guess it works if you're the one in power but eventually that just won't work anymore at which point you might need intensive surgery to remove whatever hard, impermeable object is stuck in the deep dark recesses of your body.



No comments:

Post a Comment