Friday, March 17, 2017

What a week

It's been a dramatic week.

Met with my new counselor to work on stress management. She's really good and I learned a lot in our session.

Met with a new dermatologist who says my eczema is not "simple" eczema, and is a "rather severe allergic reaction." We'll be looking at blood work and after the symptoms are addressed, I may have to consider patch testing in the future. But the great news is that oral and topical steroids are alleviating a lot of the torment I've been living with for the past 3-4 weeks. Who needs fancy bio-weapons when you can just induce immune-related disorders?

Working with my ms workshop director who thinks a re-orientation of the project will work better. I agree with her, but now I'm looking at substantial work over the next few months. But wow, she's so amazing....I'm a fangirl all over again. Seriously, how are these women (and some men) so wonderful, kind, and smart?

And I have dinner and a play to go to tomorrow night. Fun alongside what seems to be a never-ending grind.

So yeah, it's been dramatic. Despair. Pain. Hopelessness. Frustration. Insight. Healing. Friendship. Mentoring. Courage. Fun.

All in less than seven days....maybe there's reason to believe in young earth theology, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment