Saturday, November 23, 2019

God and his very, very mysterious ways

I've been struggling the last few days, and I asked God to speak to me in a special way because I felt distant from Him. I know it's not His fault, but I still felt quite upset and sad. This morning, I received this email. The person who wrote it was an admissions officer at my college and was one of the first two people to welcome me to campus and make me feel better during my first horrible 9 months. Because he was so impressed with my badminton, he introduced me to the squash coach who taught me how to play squash and then put me on the varsity team. I traveled to many different New England colleges to play for the team and that's how I visited many parts of the East Coast (for free!). I remember the conversation in the computer lab that he described, but I don't remember writing the email at all. God set up the different pieces of the puzzle a little over twenty years ago so that He could give me some encouragement today. He has really set the bar high for my future expectations!

This came late, but it couldn't have been more timely.


No comments:

Post a Comment