Sunday, January 08, 2006

cat-napping

Kate on the left, Jade on the right.


Sleep problems continue, but with different variations. If I weren't so paranoid about turning into a hypochondriac, I'd think I have a sleeping disorder of some sort.

Last night, I dreamt that while I was at my grandparents house, I was "attacked" by friendly looking cutesie dogs who kinda chomped down on my leg (didn't hurt) and wouldn't let go. I tried to lock the big gate on them, but I don't think I ever got rid of them. Then after that I was plagued by "live" toys that I could not get rid off even though I eventually chopped them all up and sent the different parts away (they came back, all of them).

This afternoon, I finally succeeded in taking an afternoon nap, but then I started dreaming that I was visiting Jade and her girlfriend Kate in their loft. When Jade and Kate weren't looking, I popped Kate's cat into the oven and turned it on. "Luckily" it wasn't actually Gilmore in my dream (it was my IVCF staff worker's daughter's cat, Princess!!) , but still!!

In my dream I was convinced this would be a real treat for us all until I fell asleep on Jade's futon and started realizing in my sleep (I'm dreaming about dreaming now!) that Kate would be really upset. I was absolutely pressed down by guilt until the moment I woke up from that nap and could tell myself over and over again that I didn't really put a cat in the oven.

Those thirty sleeping pills the health center prescribed are starting to look real good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment